There are so many different plates that you need to keeping spinning during your job search.
We would like to give you some quick tips from Fast Company about how to develop personal brand:
- “YOU ARE YOUR BRAND”
- If you are currently job searching, most likely you have already taken some initial steps in creating your brand
- Use high-value search words to describe your experience and accomplishments
- Fast Company suggests creating a word cloud to help you determine what words will stand out in your resume
- Copy & Paste your resume into a word cloud generator to determine which words stand out
- When listing your accomplishments, quantify them with hard numbers or evidence. EX “The sales revenues increased by X% due to XYZ which I was responsible for implementing””
- Create a strong summary statement about your talents. “Business Manager with over XYZ years of XYZ experience in the XYZ industry. My expertise extends to x, y and z.
- Social Media – Think before you post to your social media accounts
- Remove any post or photos that would show you in a negative light
- Update all of your profile pictures to reflect who you are trying to portray to your potential employers
- Consider changing your privacy settings if needed
- Interview questions – practice answering thought-provoking questions before your interview
- Make sure you sound sincere with your answers
- Make sure your answers are brief and impactful. Use numbers to quantify your results and always give the background, action and result of the answer—3 or 4 sentences no more.
Creating a personal brand takes time and talent. At Richmond Hazelton Group we can help you to create a brand that will resonate with your job influencers, align with your resume and help create a buzz that HR Managers will notice!
The Richmond Hazleton Group is a boutique, professional recruitment and search firm, focused on providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional search firms.
We look forward to helping you create a personal brand that reflects who you truly are. Contact us today!