You have just finished interviewing tons of candidates and found the perfect person to fill the position because they have several qualities you like, they are very personable, but they are lacking in some key skills.
Studies have shown that when you hire the person you like, your results in the future with this employee will not be in your company’s best interest. To help ensure you select the best applicant, reach out to the Richmond Hazleton Group – we are experts in hiring the best candidate for the position!
Here are some simple suggestions that you can put into place to improve your hiring process:
- Think about changing the location of the interview
- Consider a place where they can’t “hide behind a table”
- Break bread with them – communication walls or facades come tumbling down during a meal
- Become more creative with your interview process
- Asking standard questions does not help bring out the talents of the interviewee
- Great questions to ask might be – “What did you like best about your last job?” “While at your last job, what made you stand out from everyone else?”
- Get others involved in the process
- Doing this will give you another set of “eyes and ears.”
- Others can help you make an objective decision, as they may see something that you did or didn’t see
Due to Richmond Hazleton Group’s personal work experience inside both large and small companies, we have “walked in the shoes” of most of the people that we serve, from the hiring manager to the Human Resources talent acquisition staff. This makes Richmond Hazleton Group uniquely positioned to represent our client in the marketplace in an efficient and professional manner.
Let us help you to find the perfect candidate for the position. Contact us today.