It’s been a long process hiring a new person. After sifting thru all of the applicants, you have decided to request interviews with the top candidates.
It’s very important to step off on the right foot during the interview process, asking the right questions is key in this part of the process.
During the interview you want to uncover new information, determine weakness and strengths and decide if this candidate would be a good fit your company’s culture.
Here are a few questions to ask during your interviews:
- Ask questions about the company they are currently working for
- This helps you learn if they understand the scope of their current position
- Give me an example of how you handled constructive criticism in the past
- Share with me how you came to this point in your career
- Looking back, what would you have done differently?
- Share with me what you know about our company
- What makes our company stand out when comparing us to other companies?
- What is your work pace at your current position – steady, fast-paced or mock speed?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What questions do you have for me?
- A red flag should go off in your mind if they do not ask any questions or if their questions are not relevant
Interviewing is an art; it’s a dance, and when done correctly can yield you the perfect employee. When executed incorrectly, it can be very costly and detrimental to your company’s long-term success.
At the Richmond Hazelton Group, we will help you determine which questions would work best for your interview process and work with you to help you find the perfect candidate for the position.
The Richmond Hazelton Group is a boutique, professional recruitment and search firm, focused on providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional search firms.
Contact us today to see how we can make your hiring process a success!