We live in a fast-paced world, what worked last year for job seekers, might not work in 2019.
The rules seem to change often, and sometimes the finish line gets further away. That doesn’t have to be the case for you!
Here are a few quick tips we would like to share with our clients before they apply for a job:
- Make sure your resume is filled with keywords that an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) would recognize so that you becomeas a a potential candidate
- Companies want to know more about their applicants before requesting an interview with them
- Do you note in your resume measurable, verifiable facts about your previous corporate accomplishments?
- Your LinkedIn profile should match your resume and be up to date
- Do your social profiles show you in a positive light?
- Look for job positions in various places
- Often companies will advertise via their social media platforms
- Have a compensation package in mind
- It’s important to think this thru before the interview – it helps you to understand your self-worth
- People can be trained, but initiative can’t be learned!
- Before the interview, formulate a few questions that you would like to ask the hiring manager
- Learn about the company before the interview
- Very few applicants take the time to do these two tips – it can give you an edge over other candidates
- If the company requests that for you to take a personality test or attend a video interview – embrace it!
- They want to know how you would meld with their employees and corporate atmosphere
Some people would say that job seeking has become an art form! Our team can help you “perfect your art!”
Let our years of experience help you find the perfect job in 2019!
Richmond Hazleton Group is a boutique, professional recruitment and search firm, focused on providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional search firms.
Contact us today to see how we can help you find the corporate position you desire!