As we start to celebrate the holidays and ring in the new year, we tend to think of the past and work towards improving our future.
Some of us have a clear path for the new year. Others are struggling with how to plan for 2020, especially if we are looking to pivot to a new career.
Getting off of square one or developing a game plan can be an excruciating part of the process, but do not fear, we are going to help you get prepared for your job search journey in 2020!
Here are a few quick tips we like to share with our clients as they enter the 2020 job searching world:
- Keep your job search moving forward – don’t let the holiday festivities derail your plans
- Take the time during the holidays to tweak your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile
- You have 6 seconds to get the attention of the HR manager
- Ensure all of the items in your resume portfolio are rich with industry and job description keywords
- Update your cover letter date to 2020 – a simple task that many will miss
- Clean up ALL of your social media platforms
- Remove any questionable character photos
- Show yourself in a positive light
- Add any newly learned skills, programs, certifications or degrees that were earned in 2019 to your job portfolio
- During the holidays, make sure to be out and about shaking hands – often expanding your network will pay off in some form or another
Don’t take your eye off the goal – while others are enjoying the holidays – stay focused on the target – landing your dream job in 2020! Our team can help you reach this goal!
Let our years of experience help you find the perfect job in 2020!
Richmond Hazleton Group is a boutique, professional recruitment and search firm, focused on providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional search firms.
Contact us today to see how we can help you find the corporate position you desire!