In 2019, many sectors of our economy saw record growth rates. And with that growth, many people were hired along the way.
Even in an economy rich with growth, it can be hard to find the perfect employee.
Often employers overlook a vital employee sector that is filled with capable and well-trained candidates – the military!
Companies may overlook veterans because they feel that ex-military personnel may not possess the civilian training that is needed for a position or that a serviceperson may only be able to follow orders given by others.
This is far from true!
Here are a few things to keep in mind when interviewing and hiring a veteran:
- Google has a search algorithm that helps match veterans to civilian jobs
- Many job recruiting sites pull from this algorithm by matching up military job codes to help veterans get matched with a position that best fits their skillsets
- Looking on veteran-specific job sites are a great resource to find a veteran that can meet your qualifications
- Your company may qualify to a tax credit when hiring a veteran:
- WOTC – Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Returning Heroes Tax Credit
- Wounded Warriors Tax Credit
- Understand the skillsets that the military applicant has and how they translate to a position
- If you have hired other veterans in the past, ask them to review the potential hire’s resume and sit in on the interview
Veterans are hardworking team players who can remain calm and think clearly during a stressful situation. They are highly trained, adaptable and ready to help your business reach the next level!
There is no doubt hiring a veteran is a smart choice for your business!
Let our years of experience work thru viable candidates that include veterans to help you find the perfect hire.
Richmond Hazleton Group is a boutique, professional recruitment and search firm, focused on providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional search firms.
Contact us today to see how we can help you find the best veteran to fill your companies’ positions!