When the economy is growing and unemployment rates are at an all-time low, frequently job applicants find themselves juggling several attractive job offers at one time.
And because it’s a job seeking marketplace, the applicant is not only looking at their potential salary but many other various factors as well.
Here are some suggestions on how your company can attract top talent:
- Offer a salary that is competitive and in line with others in the same position within your company
- Consider posting a salary range within the job description
- When writing your job description, offer a glimpse into your company’s culture – what is it like to work at your company
- Talk about your culture on your website and social media platforms
- Get your employees involved in the process
- Let them sit in on the interview
- Provide them with specific questions and a role, in advance
- Allow them to ask and answer questions
- Have them take the applicant on a tour if possible
- Ask them what benefits attracted them to work for your company
- Ensure your company’s culture aligns with their priorities
- Offering remote work can help the applicant see you understand about life outside of work
- Offer the job applicant growth opportunities inside and outside of your company
- Talk to your current employees to find out what makes them continue to work for you
Often you will find that the top talent will be interviewing you too! Knowing what they are looking for and what resonates with them can make all the difference!
If you are struggling with your hiring process, let our years of experience help you and your team develop a recruitment process or provide services such that your working environment will be very attractive to your top job applicants.
Richmond Hazleton Group is a boutique, professional recruitment and search firm, focused on providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional search firms.
Contact us today to see how we can help you attract top talent in this candidate driven marketplace!