Due to the coronavirus, many of us found ourselves working from home for the first time, while others found ourselves filing for unemployment.
If you found yourself unemployed or working from home, you may have begun to think about what your employment future will look like and if this is a good time to pivot to a new job, possibly in the same field, or maybe taking the leap of faith to change to a new career.
If so, here are some telltale signs that it is time to find a job and what to do next:
- If you are “just thinking about it” – it’s a sign you need to, at the very least, explore your options
- To be successful at changing careers, you need to create a plan of action and research into the profession or industry you are looking to join
- Update your resume, fine-tune your LinkedIn page, touch up all of your social media pages – do it today!
- This way you will be ready when the economy opens for business again
- Take time to network, reach out to your contacts and form new connections
- Take online classes that would help you in your new career – online class offerings have skyrocketed due to COVID-19
- Reach out to a career coach – they can help you narrow down your career path
- Partner with a job search firm – they can help you get up to speed very quickly and be ready to go
Pivoting to a new career takes a great deal of work, self-reflection and grit! Are you up for the challenge?
Let our team work with you to help you with your job search. Our years of experience can help you stand out amongst the other applicants.
Richmond Hazleton Group is a boutique, professional recruitment and search firm, focused on providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional search firms.
Our years of experience can help you stay several steps ahead of the competition during your job searching process!
Contact us today to see how we can help you land your next job!