Adapting to Remote Recruiting
I think we could all easily say without hesitation that 2020 has been a whirlwind of change and unknowns.
If you had told me that this shift to social distancing and mask-wearing would be coming to my state, city, neighborhood, and home, I would have thought that you might be overselling it. But here we are, and this is our “new normal.”
When it came to hiring new employees, many companies had to pivot quickly and efficiently if they wanted to survive and thrive during the worldwide coronavirus and economic shutdown.
One of the areas that companies needed to adapt quickly was changing from in-person hiring to remote recruiting.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when interviewing and hiring employees virtually:
- Adapt quickly to remote technologies, such as Zoom, Skype, and other online conference rooms
- Explore Chatbots, SMS text, AI-tools, and resume readers
- Leverage your social media platforms by posting job listings and connect with potential hires
- Applicants will be expecting a more responsive and empathetic communication pipeline as they work their way through your hiring process
- Onboard new employees virtually
- Arrange remote “meet and greet our team” events for all new hires
- Request current employees reach out to new hires to welcome them to the team
- Make sure all of your video conferencing equipment is functioning correctly before interviews
- If conducting interviews from home make sure the background is free of visual and auditory distractions
We are all in the same boat, but the waters are different for each of us, and hiring during a pandemic is undoubtedly a crucial step to keeping your company growing.
If you are unsure about how to pivot to a virtual hiring process, reach out to us, our team has a proven process that will help you and your company find the best talent for your open job positions during COVID-19 and beyond.
Richmond Hazleton Group is a boutique, professional recruitment and search firm, focused on providing a cost-effective alternative to traditional search firms.
Contact us today to see how we can help you hire remotely!